Wednesday 28 August 2013

A New Way To Exercise...

Nine weeks ago, one of our cats had a trio of kittens... all male! All three have found wonderful new forever-homes... but one is still (temporarily) living with us. I swear this little white kitten just knows that I'm on a diet and is trying to help in his own little (painful) way. Captain Snowcone (as the kitten is called - NOT my choice) has, in his short nine weeks of life so far, devised a brilliant exercise for me...
It starts with me waking up rather groggy after being kept up until 3am by Captain and Baby (his mummy, our cat) racing around and over the bed like lunatics on speed! As I tentatively ease my feet out of bed, the little b****r tries to grab my toes for brekkie! Getting out of bed used to be so easy... I just placed my feet out of bed and onto the floor, stood up and walked to the door... Not any more.
Now I have to endure the added weight of a kitten hanging on (with pin-like claws) to my pyjama bottoms until he falls off, followed by a weird dance (by me) called "don't step on the kitty whilst he's trying to nip your toes" as I walk towards the door. Now comes the real test... getting down the stairs. With Baby now fully awoken by my squeals of pain, I have TWO kittes to contend with. At the top of the stairs, Captain Snowcone will dart inbetween my ankles, whilst Baby lays fully on the stair I need to step down to. I have to side step to avoid Captain Snowcone, whilst softly nudging Baby with one foot to make her move down a stair, as well as try to keep my balance and not tread on any kitty. I used to take dancing lessons, and this routine is harder than trying to do the quickstep with a broken toe!
It's a matter of two steps down, then back up one stair, turn a little, do a shimmy and a little leg lift followed by a squeal and a little swearing. The whole process of getting down the stairs takes a god 2-3 minutes. However... I'm sure that the whole palaver is burning of many an unwanted calorie - bless those furry little critters :)
Oh... and don't even get me started on how I try to get back UP the stairs ... lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment