Tuesday 10 September 2013

Weigh-In

I was supposed to post this yesterday, but got sidetracked completely... my poor little kitty is very unwell, and Hubby and I had to rush her to the vets. A few injections and a check-up, and Hubby's wallet was £150 lighter... if only I could lose pounds so easily :)
Anyway... we're taking her back tomorrow for another check-up, and hopefully she'll be on the mend (and costing a lot less!).
So, I did manage to weigh myself yesterday, and it's good and bad news. Bad news is that I haven't lost as much as previous weeks, but the good news is that I lost 5lbs!
This takes me to a round 15 stone (210lbs). I know I need to be patient, and that losing weight slowly and steadily is best... but this diet malarkey is an old game for me - "been there and done that" so many times before... and to be honest, I don't think there's much difference in how you lose weight, as long as you choose a way that feels right for you. Losing 1 or 2 pounds a week would be torture for me, and I'd give up and go back to a less healthy and bad lifestyle. This way, I can see a difference and it spurs me on to keep heading towards my next goal.
Talking of goals, I thought I'd list mine so that they are there for a reminder for me, and when I reach each goal I'll have a massive feel-good feeling :)
1. Go from being 'morbidly obese' to 'obese' (achieved)
2. Reach 15 stone (210lbs) (achieved)
3. Get below 200lbs
4. Reach 13 stone (this is one of my hardest goals to attain)
5. Go from being 'obese' to 'overweight'
6. Reach 11 stone
7. Go from being 'overweight' to 'normal'
8. Reach a weight below 9 and a half stone (133lbs)
9. Maintain

There it is... at least a years' worth of hard work in 8 goals , and a lifetime after that of goal 9. BUT... I know I can do it :)

1 comment:

  1. 5 lbs is awesome:) I look forward to continuing to read your blog. I am glad that I found it.

    Leslie
    www.weight4baby.com

    ReplyDelete